BLoG PARTY::

8.12.2004

 

"There is no try..."

"There is no try. You either do, or do not."
-Yoda, Empire strikes back

Today my load became lighter. I've been making myself busy since last year but it's only now that i've started to feel burned out. From school to organizations, days seem to go by so fast. I rarely go out with my friends anymore since i'll be tired going home at 9 pm on fridays. Saturdays are spent on meetings and trying to catch up with readings from my classes. It got so hard that i started working more on my org than i did on my studies. My microeco class was fucking hard! I failed the first exam.
This week was no different. I had to constantly mind one of the projects of my org, and i had to study for my second exam in micro. I started listing the things i had to do and it was a long list... PER DAY. One after the other i crossed them out except for one thing-- study for eco. Monday was over, and then Tuesday... still haven't studied but worked my ass of for the org. Wednesday i drew the line. I read, reviewed and asked for help. I stayed in school until 9 to practice the stupid computations. Then messages from the org. Ignored it. Slept in the car going home. At 10, i started studying the problem sets again and again. Beep- beep! Beep- beep! Messages at 1230 in themorning. Ignored them again... and again... At 2 in the morning, i gave up and slept.

Woke up at 6 today to go to school. Exam was at 9am. Didn't have enough sleep but that was far from my mind. i told myself i had to choose between orgwork and studies. If i fail this exam, i'd have to quit my org, my team. I'm already overloading next sem because of the classes i had to let go for my practicum. If i fail this course, i would have to take it on summer and i won't be able to graduate on time. My friends told me to quit my position already, even if i'm in the middle of it. I've never quit. I'd rather fail than quit. It was judgement day for me. What was my priority?

I sat down. Calculator on my desk and pen on my left hand. Exam started promptly at 9. Having Jesuit priests as a teacher is a bummer... they're strict and they love math. One after another i answered the questions. They seem clearer now than it did on the first exam. A smile slowly lifted its way up on my face.

After the exam, i had to get my contact prints for my grad pics in Colayco. And at that point i knew everything was going to be ok.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

07.2004   08.2004   09.2004   10.2004   12.2004   01.2005   03.2005   09.2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?